My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

RIP VAN WINKLE

I do not wear suits -- the last time was the tux I rented for my son, Patrick's, wedding nine years ago. But I do wear sweaters. Some time ago, maybe when most of the readers of this blog were in grade school, I bought a couple of sweaters. And then there are the sweaters I bought on my honeymoon in Wales, twenty-four years ago. So I think I need one or two new sweaters, ones without holes in the elbows. Since I wear them for warmth, I thought to myself that I might even go big, and spend a hundred bucks for a cashmere sweater.

Then I did a little on-line shopping. Wool/Cashmere mix sweaters start at $350 0r $400! When did this happen? How long have I been asleep? I could feed Susie and myself for three weeks for that, and even have swordfish every so often.

I think I better go back to sleep.

3 comments:

imcdpe said...

I think you can do much better than that, professor. Don't go back to your dogmatic slumber and keep shopping (it's the American way)

Robert Paul Wolff said...

I love the comment! I shall look for a discount store.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Inspired by imcdpe, I searched and found a store with a two for one sale, so I now have two cashmere sweaters for the price of one! Even at half price, they are expensive by my way of thinking, but I shan't need any more sweaters until I am about eighty-five, so now all I need is some moth flakes and my shopping is done for the decade. Whew. Back to thinking about politics and mini-tutorials.