My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 1, 2013

NEW BOOK BY WILLIAM POLK

What follows is a circular letter I received from William Polk about his new book.  I have ordered it, and will report when I have read it, but on the basis of what he has written so far [some of which I have reproduced here], I am confident that it will be an important read.  I reproduce it for your attention.
 
November 23, 2013

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

            Attached below is a flyer on my most recent book which I hope you will get and enjoy.  It deals with most of the major current problem areas in the Middle East – Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Libya and Mali – analyzing their history, culture, society and politics in a way I don’t think other books have.

            It has gotten marvelous reviews, a few of which are reproduced on the flyer, from a wide variety of experts and concerned readers.  Indeed, you probably are one of them!

            I am sending out the flyer because I find that the most serious failure in contemporary publishing is in access to audiences.  I have published in the past with a variety of “houses,” including Harvard UP, Chicago UP, Knopf, Doubleday, Palgrave MacMillan and Harper Collins.  Most of them have suffered in recent years and now offer less help in producing books than they used to do.   So, with this book, I have shifted to Amazon as you will see.  They also do little for a book.  They require that the copy be delivered to them ready to print so give no editorial or production assistance.  Mary Tiegreen My daughters, Milbry and Eliza, took on these task and did them very well.  More important, Amazon does little to promote the book so I am turning to you to ask your help.

            In addition to getting a copy of the book for yourself, I would be most grateful if you would send the attached flyer to as many of your friends and associates as you feel comfortable in doing.  I have priced the book at the lowest possible figure so as not to burden you or them.

            And I think you will like having it!

            With thanks and warm regards,

            Bill
 USA Paperback: 
http://www.amazon.com/Humpty-Dumpty-Fate-Regime-Change/dp/0982934033/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385484609&sr=8-2&keywords=william+r+polk

USA Kindle Edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Humpty-Dumpty-Fate-Regime-Change-ebook/dp/B00GSWF4MS/ref=sr_1_5?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1385484718&sr=1-5&keywords=william+polk

UK Paperback:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humpty-Dumpty-Fate-Regime-Change/dp/0982934033/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1385484872&sr=8-3&keywords=william+r+polk

UK Kindle Edition:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Humpty-Dumpty-Fate-Regime-Change-ebook/dp/B00GSWF4MS/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1385484872&sr=8-13&keywords=william+r+polk

 

 

 

 

No comments: