My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 10, 2014

HELP

Once again, I need the help of the techies out there.  I am trying to post here the essay by Professors Andrew Kliman and Alan Freeman and Mr. Chris Byron but I cannot figure out how to do it.  It is in a pdf file, and they wish me not to convert it to a text file, because something might get changed in the conversion and they do not want to have to proofread the whole thing.  Fair enough.  But I cannot seem to upload the pdf file into my blog.  When I try copying and pasting it, all hell breaks loose.  Blogger will not let me upload it as an image, because it is in the wrong format.  I can certainly post a link to the essay, which they have put up on their site, Marxist-Humanist InitiativesHere it is.  So you can go there to read it.  But I really want to post it on this site, because I figure that gives a greater chance of everyone actually reading it.  While I am writing my response [which I am about to begin], can anyone make a suggestion as to how I can get the pdf file onto this site?

2 comments:

Kenneth Tiong said...

Perhaps this link might be useful?

http://www.mybloggerlab.com/2013/03/how-to-embed-pdf-and-other-documents-in-blogger-posts.html?m=1

David Auerbach said...

Bob, That link is full of Google specific froufrou. I think something simple will work, though Blogger won't let me put it into a comment! I think you, as Blogger-in-Chief can put this code in. In order to post without rejection I've changed the initial less-than character to a $, ditto the final greater-than. Just take everything after the $, prepend a less-than sign, change the ultimate $ to greater-than sign and, maybe, Bob's your uncle (so to speak).
$a href=“https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/877055/Response-to-Robert-Paul-Wolff-f-5.9.14.pdf” target=_blank”>Response to RPW</a$