My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, December 30, 2016

JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO

Trump's hideousness continues to metastasize, and he is not even inaugurated yet.  I see some signs of life from OURREVOLUTION, and the Democrats in Congress are cranking up to try to protect Medicaid, which is the first social safety net program targeted by the Republicans.  I am still scheduled to fly up to DC for the Women's March [no longer the Million Woman March, inasmuch as there is no hope of their getting a million of us.]  So as a sort of self-protective act, to preserve my sanity, I will respond to Jerry Fresia by writing, today or tomorrow, an explanation of the connection between capitalist expropriation and capitalist exploitation.  I have no idea whether anyone other than Jerry is interested, but it will make me feel better to spend a little time writing about something I care about and am interested in.  What the hell, this is my blog, right?

2 comments:

Chris said...

The debate regarding the normativity of the use of 'exploitation' in capital is certainly staggering (Cohen, Wood, Geras, etc). Your take is of course of serious interest!

s. wallerstein said...

I vote with Comrade Chris.